Thursday, 18 May 2017
All Ministers, Administrators, and Treasurers should be aware of the 2017 update to the Minimum Remuneration For People In Ministry. This document has been sent out to all relevant parties and is also available below.
Please note the following:
- The Remuneration Package has always been described as a “Recommended Minimum”.
- The use of these two words is intentional. The Package as distributed is a starting point for conversations that are best included in the initial ministry appointment process, as well as at regular times of ministry review.
- Within the boundaries defined in the CCVT Policy document Recommended Terms and Conditions of Employment of Ministers and in this Package, it may be necessary and appropriate for churches and ministers to negotiate the actual package, including how the salary and exempt fringe benefit components are apportioned . This recognises that every ministry setting and location (rural, regional and metropolitan) is unique, and thus this Recommended Minimum may require individual or local adjustment.
- Background information to Packaging can be found in Item 14, page 21 of the above CCVT Policy document.
- There are also other relevant items to be found in this Policy, including compliance responsibilities around record-keeping, Annual Leave, Long Service Leave and Superannuation.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Peggy Harker on 03 9488 8800 if you require any further clarification.
Download 2017 Recommended Minimum Remuneration Package For People In Ministry Document
Previous posts:August 2017(2)July 2017(7)June 2017(5)May 2017(9)April 2017(10)March 2017(6)February 2017(2)January 2017(1)December 2016(2)November 2016(8)October 2016(8)September 2016(4)August 2016(13)July 2016(7)June 2016(3)May 2016(8)April 2016(13)March 2016(7)February 2016(3)November 2015(1)