Wednesday, 8 January 2020
Our office is reaching out to the Church of Christ churches in affected areas in Vic/Tas, and we’re doing what we can to support them. At this time, based on the latest information we have, we don’t have churches or church families directly impacted by the fires, but all of those communities are carrying the weight of preparation, fear and indirect impact. We will keep you updated as new information comes to hand.
What can we do?
At this stage, there are no particular practical needs to be met in Churches of Christ Vic/Tas, but your prayers are most appreciated.
If you would like to give funds, there are a range of options within Churches of Christ:
- The CCVT Emergency Relief Fund is available for tax-deductible donations – this is the standing fund CCVT holds, through Community Care, for responding as needed to emergencies; monies are then allocated depending on need and availability, according to our policy criteria.
To donate, make a direct bank transfer to: BSB: 703 810, Account Number: 053 005 76; or send a cheque addressed to ‘Community Care’. Please make sure your donation includes a note/reference that it is for ‘Emergency Relief’, and if you require a receipt let us know.
- GMP is responding as the national Churches of Christ aid agency, and has launched a National Bushfire Appeal through its local PBI ‘GMP Extend’ (a separate legal entity to GMP Ltd). Tax-deductible donations can be made to this appeal, and will be directed through agencies and churches with the capacity to respond to local needs, prioritising Churches of Christ Agencies and local churches. More information about this appeal can be found here.
To donate, complete the attached and either make a direct bank transfer to: BSB: 063 130, Account Number: 1047 0548; or pay by credit card by calling the GMP office on 1800 467 222. Please make sure your donation includes a note/reference that it is for the ‘Bushfire Appeal’.
- To support our friends interstate directly, consider the following:
- NSW: the Churches of Christ conference office in NSW (Fresh Hope) is holding an appeal here.
- QLD: the Churches of Christ conference office in Queensland have requested that donations be made to the Salvation Army here.
If you are responsible for a church or agency in an affected area in Vic/Tas, now or in the future: please get in touch with our office, we are ready to support you, and Churches of Christ Insurance are ready to assist if needed.
As the fire season continues, we will keep you informed and supported as best we can, through both the fires and the recovery to come. Do please let us know if you become aware of any in our church communities who are affected directly, if it is appropriate to do so. Thank you again for your prayers and concern, together we will work to support our communities throughout Vic/Tas in particular, and Australia more broadly.
Previous posts:January 2020(1)October 2019(2)September 2019(3)August 2019(2)July 2019(1)June 2019(2)May 2019(6)April 2019(3)March 2019(1)January 2019(2)December 2018(6)October 2018(2)September 2018(3)August 2018(3)July 2018(4)June 2018(0)May 2018(9)April 2018(14)February 2018(3)January 2018(1)December 2017(5)November 2017(1)October 2017(5)September 2017(2)August 2017(5)July 2017(7)June 2017(5)May 2017(9)April 2017(10)March 2017(6)February 2017(2)January 2017(1)December 2016(2)November 2016(8)October 2016(8)September 2016(4)August 2016(13)July 2016(7)June 2016(3)May 2016(8)April 2016(13)March 2016(7)February 2016(3)November 2015(1)