Wednesday, 24 February 2021
This person is directly responsible in leading the Children’s Ministry at Grace Church. Responsibilities include Sundays, midweek programming and special events. This person will be directly responsible to the Lead Pastor and Families Pastor of Grace Church.
Grace Church is part of the Churches of Christ Victoria (https://www.gracechurch.cc/). It is located in a suburb that has a significant number of young families. There are three primary schools and a number of childcare centres near us which makes it ideal to connect with children and families. Grace Church is made up of over 250 members with a growing number of Young Families. Currently there are about 30 preschool and primary school aged kids, and 20 high schoolers that attend our Sunday service.
The Kid’s Ministry Leader oversees Grace Church’s entire Sunday service ministry for children aged between crèche to year 9.
- As a ‘vision caster’ the Kids Ministry Leader is responsible for defining and directing the overall vision and mission that is specific to the ministry but consistent with the holistic goal, vision and strategy of Grace Church.
- As a ministry leader he/she is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies and programs for the spiritual formation of children, and reaching and assimilating new children and families within a safe environment.
- As a team leader, he/she oversees the overall process of recruiting, equipping, developing and supporting a team of other leaders and volunteers.
- As a team member, the role requires working closely with the Families Ministries Pastor (Ps. RJ) to help ensure that parents are involved in the discipleship process of their children and that Kids Ministry is integrated within the whole church strategy and community. The Kids Ministry role is ultimately accountable to the Eldership of the church, but functionally through the pastoral team.
- As the primary director for the Kids Ministry, he/she will be responsible for a number of administrative duties which includes creating a safe environment for children and their families, and managing ministry resources and information.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Passion for discipling kids and seeing them come to faith and grow in maturity.
- Have a strong relationship with Jesus that is growing and worthy of imitation.
- Able to commit and support the theological stance and direction of Grace Church.
- Be able to adapt to the ongoing culture of the church.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a leader, or assistant leader (in either a paid or a volunteer role), in a church with at least 40 kids in a Sunday gathering.
- Be a self-starter and have plenty of creativity on how to engage children.
- Leadership skills and experience in leading multiple teams of volunteers.
- Excellent communication and teaching skills with both children and adults, and some ability to use technology, and other means to deliver the message.
- Able to coordinate and provide online resources for kids and parents.
- Formal theological training or qualification is not required but is desirable. Applicant should be able to explain the importance of ministry for children and families in particular, and have the ability to discern biblical teachings and resources.
- Good organisational and administrative skills.
- Have a current Working with Children Check.
- Citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
- Sundays, occasional weekends and weeknights as required.
- Available for Easter and Christmas services.
- Staff development and training events.
- Family Camp every 3 years.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Role is Part Time – 16 hrs per week (possible 20 hrs upon discussion)
- Probational for the first three-months.
- Option for contract renewal after 2 years.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Please email your letter of application accompanied with a CV (that addresses the Job Requirements and Competencies) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application should be marked for the Attention of the Families Pastor, Raphael Joson.
We thank you for your interest and application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Previous posts:June 2021(3)March 2021(1)February 2021(1)January 2021(1)November 2020(0)October 2020(0)September 2020(1)August 2020(1)