Wednesday, 11 January 2023
Click here to view full Church Profile and Position Description.
The Minister at Shepparton Church of Christ is a permanent part time position of 3 days with a view to full time as the congregation grows. There is the possibility of working 2 days a week with Korus Connect in Chaplaincy within the local schools.
The Minister is required to work in partnership with and be accountable to the Leadership Team.
The primary role of the Minister is to provide pastoral leadership and oversight of the life, work and witness of the local church.
The Minister will be required to have the capacity and passion to lead the congregation in a process of revitalisation, have a heart to connect with the community in innovative ways and to work alongside fellow Ministers in the city.
The Minister will also need a clear overview of the ministry of the church, teaching and preaching of the Word, forming and casting vision relevant to the congregation, a Kingdom perspective, and a passion and capacity to raise up and release leaders within the congregation.
He/she will operate in his/her gifting and will seek to encourage and empower leadership and members to do the same.
We are seeking a person to fill this role who:
i. Is fully committed to a continuous and fulfilling walk with Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.
ii. Consistently uses this relationship as the foundation for the life and ministry.
iii. Can facilitate and explore further opportunities to enrich the life of our fellowship to be more effective in connecting with our regional community as outlined in our church profile.
Role Description – Responsibilities in Partnership with Leadership Team
1. Preaching, Teaching
- Ensure adequate time and preparation and reflection on the Word of God.
- Effectively communicate the Bible and Christian theology so that members of the church family may grow in their faith and love for the Lord.
- Provide teaching that is based on Biblical and Churches of Christ foundations.
2. Spiritual Growth
- Give spiritual and inspirational leadership in the church.
- Encourage the development of a strong prayer life within the church.
- Nurture the life of Small Groups within the church, encouraging the Small Group Leader with the Vision and Mission of the church.
3. Leadership Development
- Encourage and support members of the congregation in discovering their gifts and using their gifts for ministry within their daily lives.
- Seek to recognise potential leaders, providing opportunity for their training and growth.
- Encourage and equip the congregation for outreach and evangelism.
4. Pastoral Care
- Offer support and direction for people in crisis situations.
- Liaise with and support those involved in the Pastoral Care Ministry.
- Conduct weddings, funerals, dedications and baptisms as required.
- Create an atmosphere in which people feel accepted and cared for and included.
- Attend regular meetings of the Church Board and other (ministries) committees as necessary.
- Support the development of the Worship Service Coordinator.
- Liaise with and support Office Administration.
- Be conversant of the policies of the Churches of Christ Vic Tas.
- Maintain requirements for Accreditation and Endorsement with Churches of Christ Vic/Tas. (CCVT)
- Willingness to maintain a program of personal development.
- Victorian Working with Children Check.
- National Police Records Check.
- Sign and abide by the Minister’s Code of Ethics Churches of Christ Vic/Tas
- Compliance with Safe Places standards of Church of Christ Vic/Tas (CCVT)
Terms and conditions of employment shall be as outlined in the Churches of Christ Vic/Tas (CCVT). Recommended Terms and Conditions of Employment of Ministers (unless varied) are by mutual agreement and noted specifically in the Ministry Employment Agreement.
The remuneration package shall be according to the current recommendation of the Churches of Christ Vic/Tas (CCVT), with periodic adjustments as recommended by Conference Council. In line with Conference recommendations, the package may be structured to take advantage of Fringe Benefits registration.
The position description will be reviewed and a performance appraisal will be conducted annually by the Church Board.
Information Required by Applicant
- Current resume and cover letter
- Personal statement of faith
- 3 referees (who know and understand your ministry)
- Two or more sermons you have preached in the last year. (Link, CD or memory stick)
To apply for this position please forward a letter outlining your interest and suitability for this ministry, your ministry resume addressing relevant training and experience, along with contact details of three referees to CCVT Communities Team Leader Michael Vanderree via: firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th of February, 2023.
Previous posts:January 2023(2)November 2022(2)August 2020(1)