Tuesday, 23 June 2020
Grace Church of Christ is a mid-sized evangelical church. Our Vision is to be a disciple-making church. The focus is to glorify God by learning to love Jesus and live like Him.
Currently we have vacancy for a “Finance & Admin Officer” to commence work as soon as possible. Applicants should be a well-organised person with previous small office accounting and administrative experiences with an eye for detail and accuracy with numbers.
Reporting to the Lead Pastor, this role supports the work of the Church Treasurer, Secretary and other ministry staff in the smooth administration of the church.
This is a permanent casual position requiring about 15 hours per week, spread over 3 days.
- Book keeping activities, data entry using MS Excel, bank accounts reconciliations and general ledger maintenance reporting.
- Process Bills/ reimbursement payment requests for approval.
- Prepare payments (mainly internet banking) for approval and signing.
- Petty cash management.
- Maintenance of office supplies and equipment.
- Manage bookings of Church facilities.
- General office and administrative duties.
Attributes and Abilities
- Committed Christian with the values and beliefs of the church and Bible.
- Experience with accounting principles and strong bookkeeping skills.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Suite. Proficiency in MS Excel: Intermediate Level preferred.
- Other Microsoft Office such as Word, Publisher, PowerPoint.
- Good organisational skills.
- Team player and committed to a healthy team dynamic.
- Proactive and results driven.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Grace Church is a religious, not for profit organisation, however remunerations will commensurate with experience and current award rates.
- Superannuation contributions, annual and sick leave entitlements.
Applications open to permanent residents and citizens of Australia with eligibility to work in Australia.
Interested applicants to submit your resume to the Church secretary, Kenneth Tan email: email@example.com.
Applications close 15 July 2020.
Previous posts:June 2020(3)April 2020(1)March 2020(2)February 2020(1)January 2020(1)October 2019(1)