Tuesday, 24 November 2020
In this full-time role you will be primarily responsible for providing spiritual and pastoral support to residents, their families and staff members within the Acardia Residential Aged Care Facility, Essendon. As a key member of the inter-disciplinary team, you will support staff to build a sense of healthy community, home and wellbeing. In addition, you will provide religious services, nurture a Jesus centred spirituality and enable a vibrant team of volunteers.
Your daily duties will be varied and your role will involve the implementation of a number of key objectives which includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing a holistic chaplaincy program to all residents, families and staff that includes spiritual and pastoral support;
- Working to nurture a healthy community;
- Nurturing a Jesus centred spirituality within the service;
- Being part of a multi-disciplinary team as a key contributor and voice for matters of spirituality and wellbeing;
- Develop and oversee a vibrant team of volunteers within your area of responsibility.
As a member of the Churches of Christ Chaplaincy Team you will promote, equip, resource, support, and bring to affect the mission of Churches of Christ in Queensland - Bringing the Light of Christ into Communities.
Please note this role will commence early 2021.
You are active in your Christian faith and a "pastoral" type person having demonstrated competence in offering holistic pastoral care within a professional, interdisciplinary team environment. As a team person with a teachable spirit you are able to communicate effectively with others in a variety of contexts.
You are comfortable working alongside people from different faiths, cultures, lifestyle choices, educational and career backgrounds. You are a person who assimilates seamlessly with your team members and can collaborate to achieve shared goals.
Your qualifications and experience for this role should also include:
- Able to be endorsed as a Ministering Person with Churches of Christ in Queensland with demonstrated commitment to Jesus Christ and the authority of the Christian Bible;
- Recognised pastoral recognised pastoral care, chaplaincy or ministry qualification
- Current Driver's license and a willingness to travel inter/intrastate periodically;
- Demonstrated extensive experience in providing pastoral care/chaplaincy services at an advanced level in a health or community environment.
Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values of: Unconditional Love, Continual Innovation, Mutual Trust and Wise Stewardship.
Who we are
We offer over 200 services in more than 100 communities positively impacting around 45,000 lives each year. Our care services range from children, youth and family services, early intervention and protection, affordable housing, and seniors and support living, making us one of Australia's largest, most diverse not-for-profit organisations.
Imagine working for us
Our values encourage us to be accepting of differences and embrace all. Remuneration packages come complete with salary-packaging benefits that can increase your take-home pay along with a generous five weeks of annual leave and the ability to purchase more (for eligible employees).
To apply for this position please click the Apply button at this link. For further information, please contact Kevin Hamer 0427 291 684.
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Applications close: Monday 30th November 2020
Previous posts:January 2021(1)November 2020(1)October 2020(0)September 2020(3)August 2020(1)