Wednesday, 16 November 2022
ABOUT RED CLIFFFS CHURCH OF CHRIST
The Red Cliffs Church of Christ (est. 1923) exists to see God’s hope transform our communities one story at a time.
We affirm that transformation is God’s work and uniquely personal, and that each of us is commanded to, ‘Go… and make disciples’.
We value others over ourselves, teamwork over titles, relevance over ritual, contributors over consumers, and participation over performance.
Our desire is to connect with and influence our community with the hope and love of Jesus, to work with local partners to reveal His coming Kingdom and to reconcile people with Him. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds, and walks of life.
To find out more about Red Cliffs Church of Christ please refer to our website at www.redcliffschurchofchrist.org.au.
To provide effective communication, media and administrative support to the leadership of Red Cliffs Church of Christ (RCCoC or ‘the church’) to underpin the transitional operations of the church.
ABOUT THE POSITION
RCCoC is entering a period of deliberate change with the intent to relaunch around their 100th anniversary (August 2023). To support this transition and relaunch, the Board of Elders are seeking to appoint a Ministry Support Worker to promote clear and consistent communication and encourage digital and in-person engagement.
The Ministry Support Worker will provide administrative support to the church’s leadership team with communication to church members and the wider community, strategic media planning and execution, effective media presence, and related administrative functions.
The role will also support governance activities of the church, anticipated to include compliance with CCVT and Corporate Affairs requirements.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate internal communications including monthly newsletter, Annual Reports, Church Directory
- Manage digital media platforms including the church website and social media channels, including content and brand development
- In consultation with the Elders, explore other internal and external communication avenues, including social media and local community engagement
- Provide support for church business meetings and church governance activities
- Support general administrative functions including access to church facilities, bookings for use of facilities
ABOUT THE PERSON WE’RE SEEKING
The successful candidate will;
- Be able to articulate a personal growing relationship with Christ
- Be committed to ongoing spiritual growth through scripture, prayer, worship, and fellowship
- Have highly developed interpersonal skills with pastoral sensitivity
- Have excellent writing and communication skills
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Be a self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work unsupervised
- Displays in-depth understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Superior capabilities in sourcing and developing digital content
- Effective communication, planning, and execution of tasks and projects
RCCoC is committed to being a safe place for all people who engage with us including children, young people and adults, and expects employees to model this commitment – including through satisfactory completion of a National Police Check, Working with Children Check & the NCCA Safe Church program.
To apply for this position please forward an application outlining your interest and suitability for this role, your contact details together with the details of two referees to email@example.com by Monday 28 November 2022.
To view full position description, click here.
Previous posts:November 2022(2)October 2022(2)September 2022(1)August 2022(3)July 2022(4)June 2022(1)May 2022(1)April 2022(2)August 2020(1)